Nuvia delivers the full range of professional engineering project management services, with our experienced project managers supported by project engineers, planners, estimators, cost engineers, construction managers, commercial managers, designers, inspectors and test engineers.
With a project management approach based on close collaboration and partnership working, we utilise a proven project management system developed from best practice that encompasses the APM Body of Knowledge and meets the requirements of British Standard BS 6079.
Effective risk management is key to successful project delivery. At Nuvia, risk management is an ongoing process, with all risks and mitigating actions continually reviewed and updated.
Our skilled risk managers are highly experienced in identifying and mitigating risks, and guide project teams to utilise their expertise in order to manage risk.
Clients can take advantage of our complete risk management service or select individual specialist services, such as:
- Design of a complete risk management process to meet the requirements of a programme of work
- Risk assessment workshops
- Qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Preparation of risk registers and reports, with detailed findings
- Maintenance of risk registers and associated action lists
- Stakeholder analysis to identify interfaces required for the successful completion of a project and the risks associated with each interface
- Statistical analysis, using packages such as @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis, to determine the impact of identified risks on budget and schedule
- Training in risk assessment techniques
Utilising experienced and qualified staff, Nuvia provides commercial management expertise for a wide range of complex and demanding projects.
Proactive engagement in both the pre- and post-contract phases of projects includes:
- Cash flow management, cost modelling, financing, bonds and guarantees insurance advice
- Contract management (NEC 3, FIDIC, GC Works) and legal advice
- Change management, claim resolution and negotiation for settling disputes
- Procurement advice, commercial review of subcontracts and international procurement
Nuvia's Estimating department provides advice and support with the generation and consolidation of complex estimates for both live projects and bids.
We conduct analysis of previous estimates and outturn costs from past projects to develop norms, benchmarking and cost auditing, and therefore support delivery of projects in the most cost-effective way.