Nuvia provides the full range of functions to manage the technical implementation of major work programmes and projects. These services cover the overall management of projects, as well as the management, supervision and co-ordination of subcontracts.
We provide highly skilled and experienced teams to deliver all aspects of the project lifecycle, including work on some of the world's most challenging and complex engineering projects.
Expertise provided includes customer/stakeholder liaison, proposal preparation, risk management, contract management, technical management, conceptual design, detail design, procurement, monitoring and installation, commissioning, health and safety, quality assurance, commercial and negotiating skills, planning, finance and resource management.
Our teams contain a blend of experienced professionals, primarily drawn from within Nuvia, but also specialised subcontractors as appropriate. We have extensive experience of using a wide range of contractors and subcontractors on major design and build and waste management projects throughout Europe and can access specialist resources through our parent company, VINCI.
Participate in system design reviews, review and comment on system design and other relevant documents, with particular attention to constructability, modularization, standardisation, pre-assembly requirements, occupational safety, consistency with the construction worksite plan and in regard to the proper documentation being prepared, including drawings and specifications.
Utilising experienced and qualified staff, Nuvia provides commercial management expertise for a wide range of complex and demanding projects.
- Preparation and management of multiple works contract pacakges in the international arena
- Works contract coordination, supervision, monitoring and reporting
- Payment application vetting
- Dispute resolution
- Cash flow management, cost modelling, financing, bonds and guarantees insurance advice
- Contract management (NEC 3, FIDIC, GC Works) and legal advice
- Change management, claim resolution and negotiation for settling disputes
- Procurement advice, commercial review of subcontracts and international procurement
Nuvia's supply chain management delivers real added value through:
- Comprehensive supplier selection
- Structured subcontract award and management procedures
- Support to estimating functions and input to customer bids
- Defined procurement strategies
- Continuous supply chain improvement initiatives
- Compliance with relevant regulations
With continuous improvement a key focus, we gather regular supplier feedback across the business to capture, review and remedy any issues and maintain a quality source of information to guide future needs.
As part of our quality management system, all suppliers are comprehensively vetted before being approved, including for financial, quality, safety, health and environmental performance. We actively engage local suppliers and SMEs wherever possible, treat our suppliers as partners and are continually looking to improve our Tier 3 supply base to improve our capacity to support projects.
We also actively seek framework agreements with strategic partners in order to take commercial advantage of opportunities, whether through EPC-related projects or indirect corporate procurement.
Nuvia delivers the full range of professional engineering project management services, with our experienced project managers supported by project engineers, planners, estimators, cost engineers, construction managers, commercial managers, designers, inspectors and test engineers.
With a project management approach based on close collaboration and partnership working, we utilise a proven project management system developed from best practice that encompasses the APM Body of Knowledge and meets the requirements of British Standard BS 6079.
Effective risk management is key to successful project delivery. At Nuvia, risk management is an ongoing process, with all risks and mitigating actions continually reviewed and updated.
Our skilled risk managers are highly experienced in identifying and mitigating risks, and guide project teams to utilise their expertise in order to manage risk.
Clients can take advantage of our complete risk management service or select individual specialist services, such as:
- Design of a complete risk management process to meet the requirements of a programme of work
- Risk assessment workshops
- Qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Preparation of risk registers and reports, with detailed findings
- Maintenance of risk registers and associated action lists
- Stakeholder analysis to identify interfaces required for the successful completion of a project and the risks associated with each interface
- Statistical analysis, using packages such as @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis, to determine the impact of identified risks on budget and schedule
- Training in risk assessment techniques
Nuvia's Estimating department provides advice and support with the generation and consolidation of complex estimates for both live projects and bids.
We conduct analysis of previous estimates and outturn costs from past projects to develop norms, benchmarking and cost auditing, and therefore support delivery of projects in the most cost-effective way.
- Maintain and develop project baseline
- Prepare the detailed planning of works to develop suitable level of detail for the work breakdown structure
- Good understanding and experience of project controls, including:
- reporting progress,
- earned value,
- measuring KPI,
- identifying and maintaining critical paths,
- lead times and key milestones
Engaging our stakeholders in private and public sector organisations to find out what technical, social and environmental issues matter most to them about their performance in order to improve decision-making and accountability; especially with reagrds to in developing, understanding and agreeing to solutions on complex issues.