Nuvia manages the operation of nuclear facilities and supporting units, offering its customers equipment control and operation, maintenance, project supervision, and the shared objectives of reliability and safety over a wide technical scope in order to optimise performance and profitability.
We share with our customers the same exacting standards and determination in terms of safety, security and environmental protection.
Facility operational services include:
- Waste conditioning and processing plant
- Management of radiological laundry services
- Coordination and scheduling of activities in conjunction with customers and other service providers including the management of subcontractors
- Operation of equipment, e.g. in cell activities
- Decontamination operations including in situ, e.g. pond clean up
- Technical assistance, e.g. dressing, biological protection
Facility maintenance services include:
- Undertake planned and preventative and corrective maintenance for items of equipment installed and which require "in-service" maintenance at regular intervals prior to full operations;
- Level 1, 2 and 3 maintenance and regulatory inspections and tests
- Safety and radiation protection equipment warehousing and maintenance
- Site operations and maintenance, e.g. demolition, cleaning, painting and refurbishment etc.
- Tool warehousing and maintenance
- Keep all maintenance associated records;
Nuvia provides solutions intended to meet plant performance and regulatory requirements whilst seeking to optimise availability of the plant. We work with our clients on all phases of a project, from diagnosis, expert assessment, preliminary design studies, financial estimates and solution design through to construction and ongoing monitoring and control.
Nuvia has been involved in plant life extension operations on nuclear power plants for over 30 years. We provide a range of services covering maintenance, regeneration schemes, safety standard compliance works and plant modifications and upgrades to meet regulatory challenges and increasingly stringent safety standards.
Our services cover:
- Civil Engineering and Construction
- Mechanical Engineering and Installation
- Electrical Control & Instrumentation
- Systems for Passive Fire Protection
- Fire Protection for Ventilation Ducts
- Seismic Protection
- Flood Protection
Nuvia's Asset Care Integrated Project Team (ACIPT) has much experience in developing innovative programmes that maintain key infrastructure and assets while minimising disruption to plant operations.
In collaboration with several group companies, we offer a full asset and infrastructure management system and service, Scanprint IMS. In use worldwide since 1999 across a number of highly regulated industries, this embedded engineering and structure deterioration database provides infrastructure expertise, surveillance, management and activity monitoring and reporting.
We also offer a range of products and services dedicated to instrumentation, real-time monitoring and diagnosis of structures, called Eversense®.
Utilising the centralised measurement of geometry, forces, dynamic behaviour, environment and ageing, our technologies are used for long-term structural monitoring, cathodic protection, acoustic monitoring, structural risk management and monitoring during construction.
An Eversense® acoustic system is currently being used to monitor a key infrastructure at Sellafield.