We are looking for strong, graduate physicists to work in areas of radiation protection, radiations physics and instrumentation control. Nuvia is looking to recruit in these areas to strengthen their technical teams in the light of an expanding work programme. Successful applicants will eventually join specialist teams, but will receive initial training across the complete range of the Company's technical capabilities in all of these areas. Recruits will receive both on-site training and access to specialist training courses. Specific areas of interest are in:
- Radiation safety in the roles of Health Physicists who will undertake and/or interpret radiological monitoring data with respect to protection of workers and members of the public. This can develop into the role of HSE recognised Chartered Radiation Protection Advisers. Graduates will follow a training scheme that will lead to becoming a Radiation Protection Adviser (RPA) as defined under the RPA Certification Scheme.
- Instrumentation and monitoring systems - particularly in radiation monitoring and gamma-ray spectrometry systems. Nuvia has its own instrumentation service and is continually developing this area.
- Computer modelling of radiation fields for gamma transport and radiation shielding studies. Nuvia undertakes many studies in gamma transport for Groundhog, GEM and HiRAM systems as well as general shielding studies.
A minimum degree of a 2.2 in Physics or closely related discipline is essential. Candidates with a higher degree and suitable experience would be preferred.
Experience of relevant research studies into the required subject areas would also be an advantage.
Salary & Rewards
- Competitive Salary - Your starting salary will depend on the role you apply for and your qualifications, skills and experience to date. This will be discussed with you at offer stage.
- Flexible Holidays - 25 days annual leave per year, plus any bank holidays.
- Pension - We operate a Defined Contribution Pension plan. If you choose to join, a percentage of your salary will be automatically invested in your plan. The Company will also invest a minimum of 8% to your pot.
- Bonus Scheme - This is dependent on overall Company performance and achievement of Company objectives.
- Professional Support - We provide assistance through our Professional Study Scheme and reimburse annual professional membership subscriptions.