We are looking for Electrical/Electronic Engineering graduates, with an emphasis towards C&I (Control & Instrumentation), to join our expanding business in nuclear engineering. Our main design offices in Risley primarily cover the civil nuclear sector whereas the Harwell office covers both the civil and defence sectors.
Projects vary enormously from designing/providing simple door and gamma gate interlocks, through entire waste recovery robots, waste treatment plants small & large, supporting new build, all the way to global cutting edge technology supporting the ITER (International Thermal Experimental fusion Reactor) project in Cadarache, France.
You would normally work within a multidisciplinary team with colleagues in mechanical engineering, process engineering, CS&A (Civil Structural and Architectural) engineers, Radiation and Health Physics Specialists, HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) engineers, Nuclear Safety Case Consultants, Piping and Vessel Engineers etc, who are all essential to deliver a modern and safe nuclear facility.
Although the role is primarily UK office based we have a worldwide client base supported by local offices in Canada, India, Finland, Bulgaria and a number of other former soviet states. Opportunities for overseas travel/secondment are available.
Nuvia actively encourages personal and professional development and will provide a mentor to help/guide your development, registration with the IET if not already a member and progression to Chartered Engineer status. Training in the regulatory and statutory requirement of the nuclear industry will be provided as will training in Safety Instrumented Systems in accordance with BS EN 61508/61511/61513, one of the keys to a safe nuclear future.
To meet these opportunities you will need to possess a strong design delivery and client service focus, with the ability to work alone and within a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills complemented with modern computer and office skills are deemed essential.
Ideally you will have an MEng in an appropriate engineering discipline although candidates who hold a BEng and are prepared to undertake the IET professional development programme can be considered.
Salary & Rewards
- Competitive Salary - Your starting salary will depend on the role you apply for and your qualifications, skills and experience to date. This will be discussed with you at offer stage.
- Flexible Holidays - 25 days annual leave per year, plus any bank holidays.
- Pension - We operate a Defined Contribution Pension plan. If you choose to join, a percentage of your salary will be automatically invested in your plan. The Company will also invest a minimum of 8% to your pot.
- Bonus Scheme - This is dependent on overall Company performance and achievement of Company objectives.
- Professional Support - We provide assistance through our Professional Study Scheme and reimburse annual professional membership subscriptions.