We require strong Chemical Engineering graduates to be based at our main design offices in Warrington, Cheshire, to work on some of the UK's most challenging nuclear projects.
Over the two-year programme you will gain an appreciation for the design life-cycle; by being involved in the initial concept design through optioneering, detailed design, procurement, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning.
You will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated project community of nuclear engineers and specialists, which include mechanical engineers, electrical, control and instrumentation (EC&I) engineers, civil, structural and architectural (CS&A) engineers, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) engineers, radiation and health physics specialists and nuclear safety case consultants, who are all essential to deliver a modern and safe nuclear facility in the UK (and abroad).
The graduate programme is accredited by the Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE). On this two-year programme you will learn modern engineering and design techniques and how to apply your developing chemical engineering knowledge and skills within a vibrant nuclear environment to meet the challenges of a live project for all or any part of the whole project lifecycle. The knowledge and experience you acquire through your two-year graduate training will support you in becoming a Chartered Engineer.
To meet these opportunities you will need to possess a strong design delivery and client service focus, with the ability to work alone and within a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills complemented with modern computer and office skills are deemed essential.
You will require a good M.Eng. or M.Sc. Chemical Engineering. As our training programme is accredited by the IChemE we prefer graduates to have degrees that are accredited by the IChemE.
Salary & Rewards
- Competitive Salary - Your starting salary will depend on the role you apply for and your qualifications, skills and experience to date. This will be discussed with you at offer stage.
- Flexible Holidays - 25 days annual leave per year, plus any bank holidays.
- Pension - We operate a Defined Contribution Pension plan. If you choose to join, a percentage of your salary will be automatically invested in your plan. The Company will also invest a minimum of 8% to your pot.
- Bonus Scheme - This is dependent on overall Company performance and achievement of Company objectives.
- Professional Support - We provide assistance through our Professional Study Scheme and reimburse annual professional membership subscriptions.